Our company's rich history and deep roots in Orange County, California began shortly after World War II. From humble beginnings in S.E. Briggs' home garage in Newport Beach to our success as an electrical contracting industry leader; Briggs Electric can always be counted on for our . . .
COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE.
Millikan Ave 1970's
BRIGGS ELECTRIC HISTORY TIME LINE
In 1945 Shuler E. Briggs is dispatched on his first job as an electrician by the IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers). Briggs Electric proudly maintains it's affiliation with IBEW today.
In 1946 S.E. Briggs is started by S.E. Briggs and based out of his garage in Newport Beach, CA.
In 1960 Bob Briggs joins his father S.E. in business and the company name is changed to S.E. Briggs & Son, Inc.
From 1961 to 1972 S.E. Briggs & Son is based in a 1,600 sq. ft building on 20th Street in Newport Beach,CA.
In 1966 Tom Perry is dispatched from the union hall to S.E. Briggs & Son as a Third Year Apprentice.
In 1972 S.E. Briggs & Son move to a new 5,000 sq. ft building on Randolph Street in Costa Mesa
In 1973 Tom Perry is named Superintendent and starts Briggs Electric with Bob Briggs. Each owning 50% of the company which in turn purchases the assets of S.E. Briggs & Son, Inc.
In 1978 Briggs Electric moves again. This time to a new 10,000 sq. ft. building on Millikan Avenue in Irvine, CA.
In 1981 Tom Perry becomes the Chief Operations Officer at Briggs Electric and is in charge of the day to day management of the company.
In 1985 Tom Perry becomes President of Briggs Electric and Bob Briggs assumes a smaller role as Chairman of the Board.
In December of 1994 Briggs Electric, Inc. purchases Bob Briggs stock. Tom Perry now is the 100% shareholder and sole owner of the company.
In 1996 Tom Perry and Greg Dye, a former Brigggs Electric foreman, begin operations in Carson City, Nevada with three employees working out of Greg's Garage.
In 1999 the Nevada Division had out grown it's small office in Carson City and moves to a new building.
Also in 1999, Briggs Electric joined forces with Gerald Lee's company ANC (Advanced Network Consulting) to create Briggs Datacom. 51% owned by Briggs Electric, 49% by Gerald Lee.
In 2006, Briggs Electric completes construction and relocates to a new 20,000 sq ft. facility in Tustin, CA.
In December of 2008, the Nevada Division moves into their new 20,000 sq. ft. building in Carson City, NV.
In late 2012 Tom Perry passed away. His two sons Jeff and Todd Perry became the owners of Briggs Electric. Each obtaining a 50% interest in the company.
Briggs Electric, Inc. 14381 Franklin Avenue Tustin, CA 92780 714-544-2500